“And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun.” Mark 16:1,2 (KJV)
- SUNDAY: Ancient Greek hemera heli(o)u, “day of the sun”. Sun-day.
MONDAY: Ancient Greek hemera selenes “day of the moon. Moon-day or Monday.
TUESDAY: Middle English tiwesday or tewesday. Old English tiwesdæg “Tiw’s (Tiu’s) day”. Tues-day. Tiu (Twia) is the English/Germanic god of war and the sky. He is identified with the Norse god Tyr.
WEDNESDAY: Old English wodnesdæg “Woden’s day”. Woden is the chief Anglo-Saxon/Teutonic god. Woden is the leader of the Wild Hunt. Woden is from wod “violently insane” + -en “headship”. He is identified with the Norse Odin.
THURSDAY: Old Norse thorsdagr “Thor’s day”. Old English thunresdæg “thunder’s day”. Thurs-day. Thor is the Norse god of thunder. He is represented as riding a chariot drawn by goats and wielding the hammer Miölnir. He is the defender of the Aesir, destined to kill and be killed by the Midgard Serpent.
FRIDAY: Old English frigedæg “Freya’s day”. Ancient Greek hemera Aphrodites “day of Aphrodite”. Fri-day. Freya (Fria) is the Teutonic goddess of love, beauty, and fecundity (prolific procreation). She is identified with the Norse god Freya. She is leader of the Valkyries and one of the Vanir. She is confused in Germany with Frigg.
SATURDAY: Old English sæter(nes)dæg “Saturn’s day”. Latin dies Saturni “day of Saturn”. Satur-day. Saturn is the Roman and Italic god of agriculture and the consort of Ops. He is believed to have ruled the earth during an age of happiness and virtue. Cronus (Kronos, Cronos) is the Greek god (Titan) who ruled the universe until dethroned by his son Zeus.
“Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.” Deuteronomy 5:12 (KJV)
“And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” Exodus 31:12-17 (KJV)
- JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD ON A SUNDAY: “Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.” Luke 24:1,2 (KJV)
- JESUS APPEARED TO HIS FOLLOWERS ON A SUNDAY: “Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.” John 20:19 (KJV)
- PAUL HELD CHURCH SERVICES ON A SUNDAY: “And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together.” Acts 20:7,8 (KJV)
- PAUL ORDER CHURCH COLLECTIONS ON A SUNDAY: “Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come. And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.” 1 Corinthians 16:1-3 (KJV)
- Palm Sunday was on…you guessed Sunday!: Palm Sunday was foretold in the Old Testament (Zechariah 9). Then carried out in ALL four Gospels!
“And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.” 1 Corinthians 6:14 (KJV)
Please Remember To Include House of the Nazarene In Your Holiday Gifting Giving As We Continue To Share The Gospel Around The World!
House of the Nazarene Project’s: Support, Education, Food, Bibles, Prayer, Healing, and Church Building. So, Please, contribute to this fundraising effort!
HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page
When you contribute to this fundraising effort, you are helping us to do what the Lord called us to do. The money you send in goes primarily to the overall costs and daily operations of this site and ministry. When people ask for Bibles, we send them out at no charge. When people write in and say how much they would like Support, Education, Food, Bibles, Prayer but cannot afford them, we send them what we can at no cost to them for either the help or the shipping, no matter where they are in the world. Even all the way to South Africa thanks to your generous donations. All this is possible because YOU pray for us, YOU support us, and YOU give so we can continue growing and serving for those who need!
So, thank you, personally, from the bottom of my heart, for standing with us in these end times, and laboring together to get something done for the Lord while time remains. So, Please be generous!
HOW TO DONATE: Click here to view our GoFundMe page